We are proud to be a Green flag Eco school.
Our school Eco warriors work hard to help our whole school community keep to our Eco Code:
- By walking, skating, cycling, scooting or try to park and stride
- Make sure taps are turned off properly
- Have a shower instead of a bath
- Use the drinking fountains sensibly
- Switch off lights when they are not needed
- Use natural light when possible
- Turn off electrical appliances when they are not being used
- Use food waste bins correctly
- Recycle and re-use your classroom resources
- Keep your classroom thermostat at a minimum
- Do not be a litter bug, use rubbish bins provided
- Do not walk over the grass or plants that are growing
Every element of the Code is important but you can help us most by helping us get to and from school in an eco friendly way.
It is our aim to reduce the number of our children who journey to and from school each day by car. Our Travel Plan sets targets that we are continually working to achieve and exceed in encouraging the use of greener methods of transport.
To make it easier for you we have increased the number of bike stands and scooter pods and introduced a new area at the Sheerwater Gate entrance too. We also organise a car sharing scheme – details are in the attached Travel Guide which is intended to help our families and staff make informed and good decisions about how they travel to school. It includes details of public transport links as well as tips on safe walking and cycling to school.
We understand that for many families the only sensible alternative is the car but then we would urge you to think about joining our car share scheme or ensuring that each day you “Park and stride”: park a distance from the school to relieve congestion and then walk in.
To join the car share scheme or for more information and advice please contact our Travel Plan Coordinator, Mrs Duckham on firstname.lastname@example.org